Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Refreshing taste

I found the advertising video very effective and encouraging for many healthy peers wanting to become healthy generally in life. However, this ad won’t change me to stop drinking pop. I’m not saying I’m not healthy enough and that I don’t eat healthy food but the video trying to persuade me to stop drinking pop won’t work. Although, I give them credits for speaking the truth and showing the disgusting video, I think that pop shouldn’t have a tax. Instead, we should find ways for many people to reduce their consumption of pop.

At the moment, I don’t think Canada has a concern for obesity. According to the US Census Bureau, most Americans are considered as overweight and half of them are in the category of obesity. I’m guessing that 0.1% of the cause of obesity has to do with pop.

I don’t think that Canada would ever have a tax in soda. With thought, there is no country that has a perfect society with perfect health conditions. Many people have their own opinions on the tax proposal but they also have a choice if they can drink or not. Who doesn’t like pop? Even though it can be bad for you, it can also be tasteful and refreshing. I usually drink pop at least three times a week but if they were to add a tax, I would probably just stop at all. Taxing sodas would probably help the obesity but will also affect the consumers and the markets. If the government places a tax, many people would probably not buy the soda but the company would get affected a lot. If pop were to get a tax what about the other junk foods that cause obesity like chips and candy? I just think this pop tax is stupid and shouldn’t be put as a tax.


1 comment:

  1. That video was disgusting. Like... I can't even explain. What in the world... ugh, moving on.

    Who doesn’t like pop?
    Me, LOL.

    But other than that, yeah, totally! The government should find other ways to reduce consumption of pop (and other unhealthy foods). Taxation just seems a bit too forceful and it'll definitely piss some people off. It makes the government seem like they're taking away the people's choice of what they can/cannot eat. Although regarding tax increases on food, I'm more concerned about poor people who are already on shaky financial ground rather than the pop companies. Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete